Here are the bullet points of the 2015 AGM:-
- 11:30 Some of us went for a sail – pre AGM. I think Nick Blore won, it could have been Hugh. Me and Tom were so far behind in the Vago, we couldnt see! It’s not all about winning anyway.
- 13:00 Enjoyed the Bring & Share buffet. Lots of pastry products and cakes, washed down with mulled wine.
- 14:00 Meeting started. Commodore Rob gave a review of the year.
Hon. Treasurer John told us how the money had been spent, and how we are, financially.
Captain Tom gave out the prizes and trophies.
Commodore’s Trophy Helen Smith
Snowflake Series (20 competitiors) 1. Nick Blore 2. Hugh Farrington 3. Mike Harris
Spring Series (16 competitors) 1. Rob Sears 2. Hugh Farrington 3. Mike Brain
Early Bird Series (34 competitors) 1. Mike Brain 2. Mike Harris 3. Paul Bullock
Thursday Series (36 competitors) 1. Mike Brain 2. Hugh Farrington 3. Jim Shipp
Summer Series (19 competitors) 1. Mike Harris 2. Pete Williams 3. Tom Harris
Autumn Series (24 competitors) 1. Jim Shipp 2. Hugh Farrington 3. Mike Brain
Will O’the Wisp trophy (Best Double Hander) Ellen Dimelow
Handicap Trophy Richard Mansfield
Theo Dodd Trophy (2 handed boat sailed single handed) Paul Bullock
Senior Sailor (Best sailor over 60 on points) Mike Brain
Solo Trophy Mike Brain
Laser Trophy Paul Bullock
Ladies Trophy Helen Smith
Junior Trophy Bridie Dimelow
Lillishall Trophy (Most improved over the season) Carol Clinton
Old Crocks Pot Stephen Corcoran
Spirit of Sailing Trophy Pete Williams
Swimming Trophy Tom Harris
Wooden Spoon Nick Blore
2015 Season top ten
10th Pete Williams
9th Richard Mansfield
8th Steve Murphy
7th Tom Harris
6th Rob Sears
5th Jim Shipp
4th Hugh Farrington
3rd Mike Harris
2nd Paul Bullock
1st Mike Brain Masters Trophy (Overall Winner)
- Hon. Secretary Felicity said who had been elected to the committee for 2016.
Commodore Matt Gilbert
Vice-Commodore Mike Brain
Captain Helen Smith
Vice Captain Tom Harris
Bosuns Pete Williams and Tim Rouse
Beachmaster Hugh Farrington
Social Secretary Steve Locke
Honorary Treasurer John Styles
Honorary Secretary Carol Clinton
Membership Secretary Richard Mansfield
News Editor Paul Bullock
General Committee Ian Ramage, Felicity Ramage, Nick Blore, Ellen Dimelow
Trustees not holding an officer position John Clarke, Nick Edmunds
Sailing Committee Class Representatives Solo – Matt Gilbert and Rob Sears; Laser- Paul Bullock and John Clarke; Handicap- Martin Cushing and Ian Ramage
- Commodore Matt took the chair. Next years subscription rates were agreeed (no change).
Meeting closed. People chatted.