Headlines of the day.
- Boat park fence discovered damaged, and Stephen Corcoran’s boat (sea hopper) had been interfered with.
- Matt sailed a full race and actually won.
- Tony sailed to the “extreme” and then his Laser mast socket (and deck) disintegrated.
- Derek capsized.
- Mike Brain won 2nd race.
- Peter won 3rd race and then went on to repair damaged section of boat park fence.
- Duty Officers Tom Harris and Chris Marshall.
Pictures courtesy of Tom Harris.
I noticed a slight element of sarcasm in the comment about me completing a full race (which I won). The reason I rarely complete a race, or, alternatively, don’t try very hard is because I am undisputably the greatest sailor in the Club and if I always sailed to my full potential everybody else would get dispirited and not turn up, hence why I normally pretend to be complete rubbish or retire just before I can’t resist sailing through the fleet to another famous victory. However, it is nice to remind people of my ability every now and then!
Ha, ha. ROTFL (rolling on the floor laughing). I think I might have mentioned before. It’s not the winning that counts it’s about taking part.